The international adventures of a singing, dancing zombie queen.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's My FIRST NONSMOKING BIRTHDAY!!!!

Yup.
Today is it.
I quit smoking a year ago.
I did it. I made it a whole year. And it wasn't too bad.

And I know that I can never ever have just one puff. I know that I can never be a casual smoker or a social smoker or a once in a while smoker. I used to smoke near a pack a day for about ... 12-14 years.... And now I am a nonsmoker.

And it's totally rad. I smell good. That's the big thing. I don't have a habit that is semi-embarrassing in public (not that I approve of the current moral demonization of smoking). I don't feel like I breathe better (I was already in good shape), but I do enjoy not having a gross-sounding cough. Mostly, though, it's my vanity on the good smell that makes me the happiest. :) I am totally okay with being a non-smoker for vanity's sake. Whatever it takes to get me here.

Ironically, this morning I realized that my hair smelled like cigarettes from being around it yesterday, and when I got home there was a very fancy advertisement package from Camel in the mail.

Hee hee.
All that extra munies. (It all goes to clothes).
Hee hee!
WHOOT! CONGRATULATIONS ME!!!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Dance & Fitness Faculty member at San Francisco Peninsula Community Colleges, Director, Choreographer & Featured Dancer, Founder of the Living Dead Girlz, and Owner of the Steele Dance Company, which provides entertainment for festivals, corporate events, conventions and private events. Teaching private dance lessons and creating choreography since 1997, Steele graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a Double Major in Dance and Comparative Literature and completed her Master of Fine Arts in Dance and Choreography at Mills College. She has toured all the major cities in Germany and performed at the Cannes Film Festival as the featured dancer in TRIP -- Remix Your Experience, a multimedia exhibition of film, live music and art. Steele has also performed as a featured dancer for RJ Reynolds (CAMEL) promotional events. Steele currently manages the go-go dancers of "Poor Impulse Control," who perform frequently in San Francisco's industrial, alternative, and rock venues.

Followers