The international adventures of a singing, dancing zombie queen.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pics and videos of Amber's trip!! Thank you Steev, you god!!

So, here is the link to some more of the photos I have been obsessively taking with my camera... and also videos!

Video Index for this vacation
http://www.holyzoo.com/icedaemoness/europe/



07-29-06a (this is an upload date): some photos from my last couple of days, then photos from Ariane and I hanging out at the beach by the Eble River. Next are some shots from Ariane's gallery, which was having a small event at which the guy in the blue shirt made a giant, edible map out of mashed potatoes, saurkraut and sausages.
The last couple are of me in the Erotic Art Museum's gift shop, holding up a familiar book....

07-26-06b: The first are of me in the Erotic Art Museum's gift shop, holding up that familiar book, then on to
the Rock and Wrestling show.

Video Index has a bunch of vids from that night

Those with the titles beginning with "RnW" are from last Friday, when Ariane and I went out to the Rock N Wrestling Show, with the exception of the Curvettes video. The Curvettes opened the Rock N Wrestling show -- they're an all-girl Argentinian rock band, and they ROCKED! Also, there is a breif scenery shot of the blues/nautically-themed bar that Ariane and I went to before the show.

The rest of that page is of my day hanging out by the town which I think was called BlankSee (warning, that link has another big ole video under it)

The last two pics are of Ariane's faaaabulous dinner that night; a northern german dish of pickled herring with cream sauce, but since we didn't have any picklejuice, we used pickled beet juice, ending up with a dish I have entitled "Pink Fisch."


07-31-06: Ariane and I have a late night adventure!

She and I went out after I spent hours IMming with Steev, him helping me figure out the best way for me to transfer all of these files to somewhere that y'all could check them out.

The party downstairs (a.k.a. in Ariane's gallery,) was over, so we went to a club nearby and danced, it was super sweaty in there, and both of the ladies' toilets were broken, so we would walk the block back to the gallery to pee a few times during the night.

Eventually, we came back home and decided we weren't done, although it was 5am. Ariane had told me about the Hamburg Fish Market, where people actually go to drink more after partying all night. So we hopped on a U-bahn and stopped to look at the tunnel.
The tunnel runs from one side of the Elbe to the other.. that side is for pedestrians, and the other is for cars. The street in it is so narrow, however, that I was astonished that cars can fit through it at all. I told Ariane that it must be like driving in those little cars on tracks at Great America. (Speaking of, extreme gratitude goes out to Steev for finally taking me to Great America again after years of wanting to go... damn, we had a kickass time. YAY!)

Notice the two smurf toys in the window of the fire department car. Cute!!

When we got to the main hall of the Fischmarkt, there was a band playing "Johnny be Good", and it was packed with people drinking and smoking cigarettes.
....hundreds of people... it was about 6:30am!!??!!
hee hee

The man who looks like he might be picking his nose was a weird foreign tourist who offerred to take our picture with my camera... but it was creepy... like he might try to take it. Ariane took his picture for taking our picture, and asked him how he felt about it... I bet he doesn't know that he looks like he's picking his nose.. heh heh.

I have no explaination of what in particular made that sailor "#4". But that is why I took a picture of him. Sailor #4. (Wow, sailors really do have uniforms with stripes, just like in the fairytales!! YAY!!)

europeans are so cute. Well, most of them, anyway.
some dude, when I was squatting next to Ariane as she took some pictures, saw that my pants were riding low, and walked up and said in german, "you need to pull your pants up a bit higher," and stuck one finger straight down them, near my ass crack. I stood up and kicked him as hard as I could in the shin. He was so drunk he didn't even flinch. Wichser.

fucking drunk dudes. argh.
it just takes too long for me to figure out the proper response in german ("Fick dich im Arsch, du klein, dumm Kind!!" I thought of ten minutes later,) so I resort to violence in those cases...

Sidenote: I remember one time in Italy when I had my hiking backpack on and was walking with Jessica to the train station, and I saw two punks walking towards us, reasonably decent looking, our age, and my feeling was that they were freaks like us. I had my purse in one hand and hers in the other.
And they walked by me on the left and each tweaked my nipple really hard, and I couldn't block them with my arm because my backpack straps were too puffy. I couldn't hit them, because my hands were full of our purses with our passports and our money. All I could do was watch and hear them laugh at me as they walked on past.
I cried right there in the street.
Fucking Bologna. Man I hated that city:
100 degrees and humid as hell for three days, getting followed for blocks at midnight by creepy guys, disappointing food...
And I felt so helpless and cheated by my expectation that they would have some sense of comeraderie.
So.. I kick drunk guys.

Also, from the Fishmarkt, we took a random boatride on a ferry-
Ariane just walked us onto it, and I asked her, "where does this go?"
She said... "um... over there, over there... and then it comes back here... wait... does it come back here? Oh, shit.."
but it did
hee hee
There was CRAAAAZY fog on that boatride, too, as you can see in the pictures of the places we rode by. You can also see the funky smoked sardines we were eating (I decided that last fish head was too salty for my taste), the beautiful dog with the sad face and gorgeous eyes who was thinking, "Master... why do I have to be on this cold boat? I wanna be at home. Maaaan this sucks." The dog later walked over to a stranger and layed down on his feet to stay warm. I stole some earses.

Anyhow, in addition to the photos from the Fischmarkt here in Hamburg, I took pictures of the castle Ariane lives in (and me, too, right now!!). It was originally a mint, and those photos are not out of focus; it was all foggy and hazey as we walked home at 9 am from the Haubtbahnhoff.

The later pics in the bunch are of Ariane and I taking a walk through the gay area near the Hauptbahnhoff last night. We discovered a couch in an alleyway which I want to have sent to me. There was a sign on it that said, "For taking," which I pinned to my shirt in those pics.

We walked from there to the Aster, a lake-ish area of the Elbe, and played around with the night shots on my camera, and then a huge thunderstorm broke out on our walk home, and we had to hide in a doorway near the famous Atlanta hotel. There is a video clip where you can see the rain, which was full of giant drops, and hear one of the much smaller rolls of thunder...
http://www.holyzoo.com/icedaemoness/europe/video/storm0270.AVI

And since then, we watched City of God (which was amazing, and I managed to understand almost all of with dubbing and subtitles in German because there was no English to be had.
Ariane cooked (fabulously, again, I might add), steak and potatoes and veggies and we shared a bottle of wine until about 3:30am, when I once again ended up online chatting with Steev again... and now it is 11am.

The major initial uploads are done. The bloggery is done. OMG.. exhausted, despite having been up this late almost every night... wow, that was a lot of work, but it will be much easier on a smaller basis.... and... awesomesauce is that the bumps have been mostly ironed out and I don't have to worry about overwhelming my memorycard.

Steev... you fucking rock my world, in more ways than one. Thank you again, sugar.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Dance & Fitness Faculty member at San Francisco Peninsula Community Colleges, Director, Choreographer & Featured Dancer, Founder of the Living Dead Girlz, and Owner of the Steele Dance Company, which provides entertainment for festivals, corporate events, conventions and private events. Teaching private dance lessons and creating choreography since 1997, Steele graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a Double Major in Dance and Comparative Literature and completed her Master of Fine Arts in Dance and Choreography at Mills College. She has toured all the major cities in Germany and performed at the Cannes Film Festival as the featured dancer in TRIP -- Remix Your Experience, a multimedia exhibition of film, live music and art. Steele has also performed as a featured dancer for RJ Reynolds (CAMEL) promotional events. Steele currently manages the go-go dancers of "Poor Impulse Control," who perform frequently in San Francisco's industrial, alternative, and rock venues.

Followers