The international adventures of a singing, dancing zombie queen.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

all I want for Xmas....

Well, I got a part time job... so, thoeretically, I shouldn't starve for the forseeable future. I'll only be making about 65% of my income on this job, and I am taking out my lipring for it. It's a weird thing, having to suck it up for a while. I really don't want to, but I figure that it is much smarter than becoming unemployed. I will be working afternoons, from about noon to four in the city. Bummer thing is that I will have nothing to do from four until the time of dance class. What I really need is a job where I work until 6, then I can have a bite to eat and go to my favorite teachers' classes. Urgh.
My housemate was suggesting that I go to other classes, maybe even just take some yoga or something. I haven't been to class in quite a while... I have been not wanting to risk the depression that reared it's head last time I tried to kill 2 1/2 hours of work alone in downtown SF will all of the Xmas decorations. Of course, it shouldn't be so bad now that I have finished my grad school applications, but still. Maybe I should watch It's a Wonderful Life. Heh. I'm sure that would work better if I were religious. I should work on some Xmas cards or something, since I can't let myself buy all kinds of presents. What poo.
I sure do miss having friends that lived in the Mission with kitties and company for me to happily fill my lag time in the city. That would be super great.
And I have good things coming up. I will be having my first band meeting on Wednesday, and a fanciepantsie Solstice party on Tuesday. Yeah.
I should start thinking about my zombie dance group to be. What music should I use? Herm...
Maybe "Coin Operated Boy" would be fun, cause it has a mechanical theme to it, and zombies can be quite jerky. Heh heh.. Jerky.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Dance & Fitness Faculty member at San Francisco Peninsula Community Colleges, Director, Choreographer & Featured Dancer, Founder of the Living Dead Girlz, and Owner of the Steele Dance Company, which provides entertainment for festivals, corporate events, conventions and private events. Teaching private dance lessons and creating choreography since 1997, Steele graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a Double Major in Dance and Comparative Literature and completed her Master of Fine Arts in Dance and Choreography at Mills College. She has toured all the major cities in Germany and performed at the Cannes Film Festival as the featured dancer in TRIP -- Remix Your Experience, a multimedia exhibition of film, live music and art. Steele has also performed as a featured dancer for RJ Reynolds (CAMEL) promotional events. Steele currently manages the go-go dancers of "Poor Impulse Control," who perform frequently in San Francisco's industrial, alternative, and rock venues.

Followers